Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-04-18
09:17:17
 Digits!

Digits screenshotStep right up folks, there's a new game available for your C16 or Plus/4! Is it an epic space adventure with blasting lasers? Hunting monsters? Racing a fast car?

Nope! It's math. *crickets*

Hey, where did everybody go?

Joking aside, Digits is a rather simple math-based puzzle. It's been popping up in articles recently (Forbes, The Verge). If you don't mind doing some calculations in your head, perhaps give it a try (or play the original online).

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-04-18
09:17:17
 Re: Digits!

"Nobody will play with the numbers just for fun", said the man trying a Level3 game for one hour at now grin The dailly puzzle feature is a great idea, in order to pick up a resumable challenge alternatively to the random building up of the levels. Totally well thought, congrats once again!

Posted By

siz
on 2023-04-18
15:03:17

A fun little game with the usual fantastic Csabo quality. I really like these small games from him and spent a lot of time with Candy Dots and Stack 123. Probably this one will join them.

edit: I almost forgot about Sumplete

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-04-20
01:40:03

Reminds me of a UK TV show called Countdown from Channel 4.
It covered two things, longest word from a random 9 letters followed by 6 numbers. After 6 random numbers had been selected Carol Vorderman a human maths computer on steroids would come up with 3 numbers in a blink of an eye. The guests had to work out how to get the answer, no means easy and many a time they were a digit or two out.

It was easy enough to try the words round, but the numbers round my mind switched off as attempting such things would give me brain overload! grin

Sorry Csabo, Adventure Park is more me. wink

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-04-20
08:40:49

Thank guys! MIK, you're absolutely right that the basic idea is the same as Countdown. BTW, have you managed to beat Adventure Park? Where's your high score? wink

This is a coffee-break type of game, or perhaps more realistically, people tend to play these kinds of games when they go to the bathroom. Lugging a working Plus/4 in there is not very practical though.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-04-22
03:37:01

I've not finished it but have covered around half the game, (sneaky look at the map to get an idea) trying to collect everything along the way. The current high scores for Adventure Park are so close I didn't want to spoil things. Saying that, that 10k score is more recent. grin

Posted By

Waz
on 2023-04-23
16:11:02

The premise here of this rather nice game as MIK mentioned is similar to Countdown in the UK, which in itself is based on the numbers game in the French game show "Des chiffres et des lettres" (the numbers and the letters.)

In the French version, if the contestant knows the correct answer, they have to declare it by saying "Le compte est bon" (the total is correct) before then showing their working out to get the answer.

For both France and UK, the contestant selects small numbers (which can be 1-10) and big numbers (can be 25, 50, 75 and 100) - and 6 of them in all. So some will do 5 small and 1 large, or 4 small and 2 large, with them being randomly drawn from the cards.

I managed to do all five levels based on today's date, but it worked really well and is good fun - excellent job well done by Csabo.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024