Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-03-31
16:47:06
 Re: [YAPE] The color purple

Of course I meant bit4 of $FF07 set, in a situation in which I clearly expect the same colour, and facing this paradoxical event I did exactly the test you've described. But most of all, I pointed out that the code is the same and the only thing which differentiates the two results is the choice of the emulator's palette. I also add that the other emulators give what we all expect, i.e. the situation as for the left sided screenshot.
Briefly: no code problem at all.

EDIT: Csabo wisely asked me to have something in order to reproduce this strange behavior in YAPE, so here it is a short stuff in Basic. Enter a value 00-FF which will be used both for background and text, and get back with Run/Stop to try new values, using YAPE with Measured Hues palette on, then do the same but with one of the two other color palettes.

I saw this with the magical value of 24/A4 ($FF07 4bit set, so that's the same), but it does the same with several other colors.

I am quite sure it's my fault as I'm doing a bad assumption somewhere, something very easy which I'm missing to catch at the moment...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024