Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-03-12
23:51:57
 Re: Looking for specific 16k ram expansion cartridge

OFF TOPIC:

@MMS If you get time and I mean a number of hours..., and be warned as you might get sucked in the deeper you dig the Acorn Electron is an interesting one. It 'has' 32K. What's more it was held back from it's full commercial potential thanks to the BBC Micro, something we kind of share having the C16 or Plus/4 next to the C64.

What is also mad, if anything used colour on the Electron it would eat the memory big time so on average there may of only been 16k of memory left to play with. Many of it's games come in the 4 colour flavour.

and to share a link: http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/
Take a look at the software houses list on the left and take your pick. Try TYNESOFT for example.

The guy that created/runs the site can come across as a bit crazy and even funny at times when he slates a bad game in his "5 games in 5mins video's" but there is a lot of stuff to nose at and a good number of games were also released on C16/Plus4, like Phantom, Thrust, Cops N' Robbers, Blagger and many more. In many cases I think the C16 comes across as better but it's still neat to check out, some cool games for sure that we never got as well. wink

I started to have a nose at the Electron just before xmas and ended up staying up half the night. I found it fascinating, addictive even. happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024