Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

George
on 2023-03-12
13:43:26
 Homecomputers collectible trump cards from the "Centre for Computing History"

Hi all,

I made a small video about these fantastic "homecomputers collectible cards" from the "center for computing history". I had great fun going through them. The Commodore Plus/4 and 16 are also included.

Youtube-Video: https://youtu.be/CtLYbphQbu0

If you want to order them too:
http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/40493/Home-Computer-Trump-Cards/

I am no way related to "center for computing history. I am just an fan and sharing.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-03-12
15:55:45
 Re: Homecomputers collectible trump cards from the "Centre for Computing History"

Cool. :)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-03-12
14:30:59
 Re: Homecomputers collectible trump cards from the "Centre for Computing History"

The cards are really neat though happy It's a funny idea, I imagine someone trying to play a game with it. "My Plus/4 card beats your C64 card! Just look at the colors, 121 vs 16!" "Aha, but look at the year! Mine's 1981, so I win!"

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-03-12
15:56:33

I can imagine. happy
Shame it's not available memory as Plus/4 would win again over a C64. wink

Posted By

George
on 2023-03-12
16:11:37

This was a former kickstarter project. I came across these cards by a facebook post from the guy who made them. He donated his last box with cards to the museum afaik.

I love these cards. I would also add the initial release price of the machines as further option

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-03-12
16:45:29

Joyports could of been another, from ZX Spectrum, BBC micro, Acorn Electron, Jupiter ACE and PC ect... C16 wins! wink

Posted By

George
on 2023-03-12
16:57:33

That Jupiter Ace...man what a beauty! And that colorscheme...:)

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-03-12
22:58:00

We had a shop near us that used to have the Jupiter Ace, the 11 year old me used to look in the window and dream of owning one. It looked cool and the price was around the £100 mark but was not to be. That was around the time of the Game & Watch and electronic handhelds which ended up in santa's stocking instead.

While the years of wait for a computer at home was a bit of a drag, glad my parents waited when the Plus/4 became ripe for the picking. grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024