Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

pastbytes
on 2023-02-13
05:10:58
 New project: InDev Tester 16

I recently made a program to test keyboard, joysticks, paddles and mouse, which I called InDev Tester. The first version was for Commodore 128, then a version for Commodore 64 followed, and finally a version for MSX.
Now I'm starting to design a version for Commodore 16. I hope I can fit the code, bitmap and character set in 12K.
You can see screenshots of the other versions on my website: www.pastbytes.com/indevtester
And here a short video showing all versions:

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-02-13
05:21:31
 Re: New project: InDev Tester 16

Seen the early C16 and Plus/4 announced versions following your twitter account, keep up the great work.

Posted By

SukkoPera
on 2023-02-13
05:37:29

Hey, nice! Some suggestions:
- Make it run from cartridge
- Support for analog controllers, 1351, paddles, etc. through SIDcard

If you need a cart PCB for testing, let me know. Keep it up! happy

Posted By

pastbytes
on 2023-02-13
07:37:45

I had not thought of a cartridge, good idea. It is also interesting to be able to access analog devices through a SID card. In this first version, however, I am only going to read keyboard and joysticks, but surely there will be updates in the future.

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-02-13
11:34:25

Might be worth adding... Sega pads and other Retro multiple button pad/controllers can damage the TED chip.

The joystick ports also print characters on screen in BASIC, this might be useful to display as a damaged but working TED chip will also print wrong characters if a button or direction is held.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024