Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Wayne
on 2023-01-29
19:16:36
 Greetings !

Hi There ! Commodore Fanatic and Multiple Machine owning Obsessive here. Hoping to interact and talk about Games etc etc. I'm also on Lemon 64 if anyone goes over there ? Ok, Bit of a Back Story for me - Bit of a late comer to the Whole Scene but... I LOVE the Plus 4. Played the C16 a Heck of a lot back in the day at my Best Friend's, So a lot of the "Old School" Games are BURNED into my Brain - XARGON WARS and BERKS 3 in particular are my BIG FAVES, I also like REACH FOR THE SKY and KIKSTART and TRAILBLAZER. Hoping to procure a SID CARD off BSZ whilst on here and erm maybe pick up some tips and tricks for the PLUS 4. Oh and I own 3 PLUS 4's but... ONLY 1 works and the Keyboard is a bit icky ( It stank of Cat P#ss at one point - but that's a story for another time, but... DO ASK - I WILL TELL ! I'm quite shameless like that... ). So erm, yeah that's me !

Posted By

Csabo
on 2023-01-29
20:34:50
 Re: Greetings !

Hey there, nice to meet you! I'm sure there's some overlap between Plus/4 World users and Lemon64 users, since some folks like both machines. To be honest we haven't had much talk about old school gaming, but it's definitely a welcome topic.

You can find all of those games here on the site. If you liked Berks 3, be sure to check out Berks 4 - a surprise hit from 2019, written by the same author.

Reach for the Sky is an awesome classic too, I love playing that game. On C64, there's plenty of these type of airplane shooters, but for us, it's one of the only ones and one of the best happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2023-01-30
02:12:32

Welcome Wayne! Yes, we all also share that particular muscle memory about many games of our youthness days, so we love to preserve that by practicing it on emulators and real machine till now! If you have time for a play, drop some scores into the Hall of Fame wink

Posted By

MIK
on 2023-02-02
16:09:20

Hi Wayne,

If your looking at the classics check out the Covers section to get an over all picture of what's out there. The Games sections has it all and loads more than you ever knew existed and can be a little overwhelming if your just getting back into the swing things.

In case it has not crossed your path... Many C16/Plus4 fans use Yape as their main emulator. If you have already checked it out then cool. happy
Link: http://yape.homeserver.hu/

BTW if you like taking stuff apart the keyboard and contacts just need a clean. Your need to de-solder the Shift/Lock key though. Also be very careful pulling the Keyboard ribbon out/in of the motherboard as they are a bit fragile. As you have 3 Plus/4's in your collection you should be able to get 1 or more of those keyboards working nicely. The keyboard contacts are like d-pad and button contacts from a gamepad controller, like the Amiga if you have ever cleaned one of them.

Have fun! happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024