Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-10-23
02:51:12
 Inufuto's 12th: Guntus

Guntus screenshotThe Far East school of multi-platform development is back once again: Inufuto's twelfth incarnation is reality.

The Japanese multiformat coder who's famous for porting simple coin-op inspired games to a plethora of different and exotic systems, plays his card number 12: Guntus! Inufuto keeps to be inspired by classic arcade games of the Golden Era, hence after Tank, Mappy, Bosconian and more, it's now the Galaxian's turn of being represented on Plus/4 (or C16 +32kB at least) by his distinctive graphics and layout that characterize any of his games.

Since the previous games, Inufuto fixed his code to assure perfect PAL/NTSC compatibility, and he also added a "32K" tag on his personal homepage when referring to the Commodore 16 version of his games. This means that in some ways we're starting to get connected with him, although no signals of a direct feedback have been detected yet. Hopefully, it will happens in a near future. Meanwhile, let's blast off some nasty aliens in circular formations, the Hall of Fame is hungry for scores!

Posted By

TCFS
on 2022-10-24
02:51:12
 Re: Inufuto's 12th: Guntus

Lovely, nice stuff.
Is there any cross-platform "construction kit" on the market? In the last weeks I saw 4-5 similar games with identical vertical HUD on the right side, similar title screen with different names.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-10-24
08:44:06

You probably recall seeing the other games from this author, his stuff is super cookie-cutter. Lots of shared resources (and likely code) in them.

As far as actual cross-platform; there's Cross-Lib which promises to compile to about 200 targets (and the author did make several games with it).

On a smaller scale, some people use CC65, which can target machines with 6502. There's also XC=Basic.

Inufuto writes his games in C, but uses custom tools (something called cate65.exe which I have not seen anywhere). It's difficult to get in touch with him - I don't recall seeing him speak English.

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-10-24
11:19:19

There is a chance he can read English as almost every computer and arcade machine from Japan use it, even the games he makes use it.That said..., I've come across some Japanese guys before, some of the top racing arcade machine players and in my experience they keep them selves to them selves. So don't worry if you can't get in touch, it's not you or anyone else, it just they are more reserved when it comes to online.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2022-10-24
12:26:42

Inufuto's tools are here:
https://github.com/inufuto/Cate
https://github.com/inufuto/asm8

Compiled packages are at:
http://inufuto.web.fc2.com/8bit/tools.html

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-10-24
13:27:47

I just found them earlier as well, they've been added to the Tools section.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024