Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

SVS
on 2022-04-14
03:37:54
 Commodore War

I've recently seen the movie "Commodore War" (available from Amazon platform) . The video is very interesting and explains some aspects and some facts that I did not know before.
Especially I realized that the "Jack attack" game (one of the very first cartridge I've bought) was referred to Jack Tramiel and his famous attacks against competitors, suppliers and even collaborators.
Have you too the same feeling?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-04-14
08:51:00
 Re: Commodore War

Could be, though as far as the naming goes, Wikipedia says this (which I think is well known):

The game was then renamed as an in joke after the company's founder Jack Tramiel. Kieller said "We were led to believe that certain people at Commodore felt Jack Tramiel looked like the red-face critter when he was upset. According to our Commodore contacts, if Jack Tramiel was upset and yelling at you it was known as a Jack Attack." This was confirmed by Commodore marketing strategist Michael Tomczyk. "He chuckled when we named one of the games Jack Attack, which was an inside joke. Jack was short and round in stature but had a deep booming voice that could shake the walls. I don’t think he realized the meaning of Jack Attack but he knew it was about him. He never said much about it, he just allowed it to happen."

Posted By

SVS
on 2022-04-15
04:23:01

Thus I had rightly guessed happy I like this kind of informatics jokes.

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-04-15
18:09:07

Maybe Jack Attack needs a little update... This tune so wants to be part of the game! Any takers??? happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024