Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-06-28
 Good news for GEOS fans

For those GEOS freaks among us: I'm glad to report that I've managed to boot up GEOS with the latest development version of Yape! I need to redesign the user interface and fine-tune the 1551 emulation and then I hope to release a new version soonish.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-06-28
 Re: Good news for GEOS fans

ARRGHHHHHHHHHH!!

I've spent almost US$180 to do this...... and still cannot.....

Congrats Atilla!

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-06-29
 GREAAAAAT!

Attila: have you discovered where is the address of the GEOS Turbo-load? I'm planning to write a patch to allow loading from 1541, but I've not that address yet.
Second: are there problems with colors?

Anyway a masterpiece!!!

Posted By

MC
on 2003-06-29

I've never seen a GEOS before :D
What is it good for? happy)
Is there a non-german version?

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-06-29

I did a 70% English version wink
But the boot-disk is protected and it is not readable with StarCommander, so that I'm not able to create a D64 image. Anyone can help?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-06-29

Why not use mnib from Markus Brenner? It can copy most disks that has a copy protection. Here's the link: http://markus.brenner.de/mnib/index.html.

Posted By

JamesC
on 2003-06-29

The colors are probably correct. C64 GEOS is all shades of blue; I would expect that the Plus/4 version would be several shades of one color (such as grey as Atilla pictured) also.

Remember, when these computers were new, a lot of people had black-and-white televisions or monochrome monitors. Hence a monochromatic color scheme would still be readable.

Atilla --> mnib uses a parallel-port-equipped 1541, which I do not have, and SVS probably does not have either. We have 1551s and standard plain 1541s.

Posted By

SVS
on 2003-06-30

>>Atilla --> mnib uses a parallel-port-equipped 1541, which I do not have, and SVS probably does not have either. We have 1551s and standard plain 1541s.

Yes indeed. Attila, my friend, is existing any other mode?

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-07-01

Well, to a certain extent you can still transfer copy protected disks with Star Commander. I don't know what copy protection GEOS+4 has used, but if it's just sectors above 35 + bad sector trick than the transfer is possible. Please refer to the SC manual for further info in this matter.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024