Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-02-23
07:44:44
 Words' Masterminding On Plus/4

Word Slide! screenshotYeah dudes, we saw your socials filled of the lil' pics with 5 boxes' rows, so we expect that the trend involving the game of the moment will not pass in a single day and night. And in fact, Plus/4 users already have two different productions to play!

Word Slide! came first, an easy porting from a GitHub project published by Matt Heffernan aka SlithyMatt (USA), who is mostly a Commander X16 coder and supporter, but his project touches C64 and VIC20 too. It's properly written in Assembly and features a sort of "keyboard of called letters" which appears to be very useful. The project is still open, and you can contribute even by adding or fixing words into the very large inner database.

Fresh new and well arrived today, here's the version of that game by two long-time personalities from the whole Commodore world, Bo Zimmerman and Steve Gray, properly called Teddle. Written in BASIC, showing an even larger vocabulary, represents a straight and clean porting, an unannounced surprise which points to be easily enjoyed by both the fans of the game and the casual gamer with few minutes to spend.

Teddle screenshotIs this the end of the big tide about this famous words' mastermind game, or that looks like just a beginning to you? Only time will tell, meanwhile here's a 5 letters' word to guess: ■■■■■

Posted By

Litwr
on 2022-02-23
07:44:44
 Re: Words' Masterminding On Plus/4

I like Word slide! - I played it 10 times but I want a score count.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2022-02-23
08:25:19

Two versions of this game is plenty happy Nice to see it covered. TBH, I think the hype around the game is a bit overblown ATM. On this topic though, have you guys tried Absurdle? It's hilarious happy Or if you have way too much time on your hands... Kilordle!

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-02-23
09:32:28

Heh yes, I second Csabo and his opinion about Wordle and clones, what let me categorize under /Games/Mastermind, it's basically Mastermind with a twist, all in all an ok game... I would like to see a further version with some stylish touch overall, and maybe – as possible in this kind of non raster consumpting games – a new superduper OST with the additional squarewave bassline like in Defiance...

Posted By

Litwr
on 2022-02-23
10:29:31

I know a variant of this game for the Russian language - Wordle - it has statistics...

Posted By

MIK
on 2022-02-23
14:21:45

Putin likes to play WARdle...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024