Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2022-02-15
15:27:59
 Re: Captured King Size Volume 1 and 2 tapes with MTAP and TAPSERV but the programs will not load

My favourite topic happy First off, wholewave TAP's should not even exist for the 264 family. For the tape input is edge triggered there, rather than level triggered as in the C64... this means that any custom tape loader can accidentally invert the waveform and the +4 would not notice as it only cares about rising/falling edges of the signal. The C64 however, detects signal levels, and hence cares very much about the order (or "phase") of the signal.

Unfortunately the wholewave MTAP format had become way too widespread by the time we realized with @MIK and Markus Brenner that it was probably not the optimal one for the 264 family... happy

Actually, I consider the whole MTAP format a bit awkward by now. I'd much prefer simple (non-canonical) 1 bit WAV's as a much more efficient format (in size, consistency etc.) that can even be further reduced in size by ZIP-ping. I even used it in some other emulators of mine.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024