Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2022-01-20
13:12:05
 Re: Who Dares Wins II +4M [PAL/NTSC]

@Charlemagne: thank you bud, that crack intro aims to fit into 16kB altogether with the game, so there are cheap tricks and memory saving choices everywhere (even the music player is a very clever cutoff version originally made by Csabo which allows to have a decent tune within $400 bytes!), the DYCP fits good and occupies a large slice of the screen.

Although you spent some sweet words about me, I have to say that I'm not exactly the one to follow happy I'm a mediocre, slow and limited "coder" (ahah!) overall, and I am happy to vanish into this scene of very skilled guys who recently literally have shone due of their productions (and unfortunately, it's quite a difficult period of my life and this reduces the useful time to spend into that). For example, I have a code to move a simple fullscreen twister which simply would require to seek for a $ff1e precise init and then it should simply pick up the right $ff1a/$ff1b/$ff1f values at the right time scanline per scanline...well, it has never worked with video sync...in YEARS! grin Basically it's a FPP with the table of a plasma, but probably ain't able enouh to handle the badlines involved...how frustrating mad

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024