Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-12-09
10:16:54
 Re: Looking for ABCUG

For the users who don't know the role of Charles/DS in the transition of the Plus/4 to the internet, it's a good note to be written down that he was the first one to have a Delta System site with .D64 and .PRG files available for download before the advent of the emulators, only in order to swap and preserve the physical disks as intangible medium.

This is a Q/A report about Ko-Ko asking for a Plus/4 archive in 1995, and MRC, one of the C64 side of Delta System, indicating that precise archive. You can see how it looked here via Wayback Machine.

At the time, ftp.inf.bme.hu's archive was maintained by Lion, and one day (1993?) I stumbled on it, and a whole new world opened to my eyes: having a whole Plus/4 archive where to find an swap literally everything everywhere everytime was a dream coming true, and I WANTED TO BE into that. So, I did a raw X1541 cable, and started to upload all my diskettes...and that's they story about how the very first Plus/4 intangible archive did start.

In the beginning of 1996, I released the infofile On The Net, in order to try taking in what remained of the old scene. Years after that, I've found this fantastic homepage founded by MIK (Lando at the time), and he'd shown how illuminated and far-sighted he is: once he realized that there was a whole demoscene with homebrew and exotic game beyond the known commercial identity of the C16 and Plus/4, he'd chosen to step back for the best of the site and the scene's future: the Plus/4 World began.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024