Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-12-04
10:13:18
 The Story of Tűzoltó

On the 3rd page of this magazine, there's a mention of a game called Tűzoltó (Firefighter), and there's even a photo of it... But it's too hard to make out! Could it be one of the programs already in our database?

One game we do have with this name comes with a hand-drawn cassette cover. Does that mean this game was actually sold commercially?

That game does not have the author mentioned, but it is a decent work for an amateur game... but why does it play the Pink Panther theme?

Well, if you're visiting Plus/4 World, chances are, you're the type of person who desperately wants to find the answers to those burning questions! Never fear, I (Csabo) managed to contact the author, and now everyone can read his, and the game's story. Enjoy!

Posted By

siz
on 2021-12-05
10:13:18
 Re: The Story of Tűzoltó

Wow! Interesting story. Thanks for digging it up, Csabo.

Posted By

Lavina
on 2021-12-05
12:30:22

Funny how happy we can be even for such crisps of info from the past of our scene. Great find, thanks!

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-12-05
18:09:50

Fantastic piece of contemporary history.

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-12-06
11:54:46

Yeah, definitely it is the same game! I see the bars happy

Well, I had a similar experience with Primo keyboard as the Homecomputer Fan Club we had every Saturday.
Unfrotunately the BASIC dialect it knew was not fully compatible with ZX Spectrum, HT or Commodores, so it was pretty hard to get a BASIC game in magazine or book. Everything had to be converted (even the sound notes' value), certainly it was beyond the humble skills of 9/10 years old kids. So even the BEEP command was not compatible with ZX Spectrum, we noticed it after typing in a long ZX Spectrum program using BEEP commands sad

Anyhow, Tüzoltó seems it was not officially released, but a well made (almost professionally looking) home release.
Well done!
I am happy, that the author found this hobby as a life changer "addiction" and became a professional programmer.

Posted By

MIK
on 2021-12-06
13:06:24

Indeed a very cool story and a very happy ending! happy

Posted By

Lavina
on 2021-12-07
04:44:09

I think that the Commodore Plus4 had changed the lives for most of us here and determined who we became. I thought about this many times. I could tell a million ways it affected our professional/personal lives, way of thinking, welfare, values, etc.

Posted By

SVS
on 2021-12-07
07:11:55

What Lavina wrote is the case! I can confirm that Plus4 really has changed my life and my way to think.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024