Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-06-07
09:37:00
 Silk Dust: Emilia Vittorini's 3rd

Silk DustAfter a long period of beta testing, the third chapter of the Emilia Vittorini saga arrives: Silk Dust. The game comes out freeware on eighteen different machines, with some exotics including Cambridge Z88 and Olivetti M20.

In this new Emilia's adventure set in what in Italy is defined as "Giolitti era", Princess Lucilla Briccorosso is preparing for the Silk Road Race, a 10,000 km rally raid between Cairo in Egypt and Peking in China, to be done by car. And that car comes from Emilia's father's ITA workshops, so its perfect functionality, and therefore the Princess's safety, will depend on you all the way.
The game is divided in four parts. When you complete one of them, you will get a code that allows to immediately jump to the beginning of the next part, though in the Plus/4 version the three files that make up the entire game can be uploaded individually.

With Silk Dust, once again Davide Bucci will catapult you into a time where strong women and early technology will be a winning combination, in a pioneering scenario. 3, 2, 1, it's just time to run. To Peking!

Posted By

orion70
on 2021-06-07
09:37:00
 Re: Silk Dust: Emilia Vittorini's 3rd

This is another excellent adventure written by Davide Bucci after Two Days to the Race and The Queen's Footsteps, which I have played in the past with great fun. TQF is (was) available in a stunning deluxe box edition with lots of "feelies" and very pleasant aesthetics.

Too bad I didn't have time to beta-test it. I must say the two predecessors were incredibly fun, well done in gameplay, plot, and interactivity. The vocabulary is ample enough, you never get rally stuck somewhere, there's online help - albeit in riddle form - and a save game option. I'm sure this third novel - because yes, it's a short novel divided in chapters accessible via ending passwords - won't disappoint.

NOTE FOR PLUS/4 WORLD: the correct name of the main character is Emilia Vittorini happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-06-07
09:40:56

Thank you orion70, it has been my fault due the fact that (gossip spoiler ahead) Emiliana Torrini is nthe name both of a singer and an ex gf of mine grin

The two previous games were fantastic and the magazines were right giving their high votes. And yes, let's confess a truth: there's no better arty package comparable to this.

We hope there will be a commercial counterpart this time too. Meanwhile, let me OT advert another fantastic adventure which has deserved a commercial release (yes, the price is high but hey...): Hibernated 1: Director's Cut, in pre-selling stage at poly.play, here.

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-06-09
03:34:43

Download it again, please: after I've given some hints to the author, he added NTSC compatibility and an initial menu to choose chars and game chapter.

Posted By

orion70
on 2021-06-09
07:33:14

Excellent Luca, thank you!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024