Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

GeTE
on 2021-06-01
07:48:00
 Ode to my former math teacher: An hungarian software translation

I got my C16 in the year 1985, switched to Amiga 500 in 1988, but I kept the C16 and changed it in 1989 to a plus/4. The Amiga was the machine to consume the huge amount of cracks, demos and games that came in for free, but programming and getting new software by post was still fascinating on the 8-Bit-machine. Especially after 1990, when no new commercial software was sold and the developments from Hungary reached (west) Germany. All of them made for 64KB and sometimes very impressive.

The games were easy to understand, but all the tools had descriptions in Hungary and therefore it was not understandable for me. Indeed I was still going to school and have had a math teacher coming from Hungary in early years on gymnasium. I remember writing down some screen text and asked him to translate it for me. And he did. Last weekend I was searching the attic for old school books and found many interesting things ... and this translation he made for me:

Well, some of my transferred disks (nearly twenty years ago) doesn't seem to work, but I think I found both programms here on Plus/4 World, I asked the translation for. The "Copy-54" must have been this one (as version 1.7):

P-Copy

And the second one "Copy + '22KNM" can only be this one here:

CopyPlus 220

It was a fascinating time full of wonders and I like it to remember, especially my former math teacher. He had been born this month 87 years ago and unfortunately passed away this month eight years ago. As far as I know, he have had no family in Germany. Therefore this place here might be a good one to commemorate. :,-(

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-06-01
09:38:10
 Re: Ode to my former math teacher: An hungarian software translation

...And that's the reason why I'm searching for an affordable Hungarian language course here in Firenze since ever happy

Sad for the loss... sad

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-06-01
10:40:22
 Re: Ode to my former math teacher: An hungarian software translation

My condolences.. Seems he was born in the darker times.. It's always nice to have people helping you understand the things you need to understand. Not everyone has this gift. Nice that you got teachers like that!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024