Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-05-16
17:52:34
 Retronavigatoring Again

The TrooperRetronavigator, carrion's blog which presents stunning art and what's behind it, is back online! The author himself celebrates the event with two new astonishing pieces of art drawn by him, first on C64 in MC mode with the hardware sprites support to add graphics on the borders or within the bitmap itself, and now on Plus/4 in MFLI format.

Survivors Of 2020 is a regular 320x200 MFLI picture, its C64 version has been presented at the Transmission 64 online party, conquering the 5th place. The Trooper is the obvious renewal of one of the great classic subjects in the 80's computer scenes, displayed on a large 320x248 px canvas.

We really missed you and your fantastic touch, carrion, we all hope to see more and more of these!

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-05-16
18:44:33
 Re: Retronavigatoring Again

This new Iron Maiden picture is astonishing!
I know it is unfair to compare an MC and an FLI picture to each other, but if you compare this Iron Maiden picture to the one appeared in Crown's Iron Maiden demo (with great digidrums), you can clearly see the much higher level skills of the current artists, the technical improvements and the impact of cross-platform tools.

(Nowadays I see "simple" MC and HIRES pictures look much better than the ones made in FLI mode at the 90s. Not to mention the PETSCIIs happy If anyone could tranfer these gems (pictures) with a time machine into the end 80s, it could have been a shock at that time... We could not imagine this level of awesomeness grin )

Posted By

carrion
on 2021-07-09
04:33:11

Thanks @Luca and @MMS
Appreciate it a lot. and feel motivated to do more happy
To be honest these C+4 versions come rather easy when I already have the C64 version ready. I think I have to do a video one day about how I recolor and convert these images.

[edit]
A new pic is here. Enjoy!

https://retronavigator.com/2021/07/08/bromance-fitness-guy-4/

Posted By

SVS
on 2021-07-09
10:07:04

Carrion: true artist.

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-07-10
19:58:37

Ultra awesome picture once again!

Posted By

MIK
on 2021-07-12
00:05:27

Amazing 10/10 happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-07-12
15:05:09

Wow, that's really great!
I really like the picson vertical border, but what could be the tool?

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024