Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Chronos
on 2021-03-19
14:31:01
 The Last KiCHY Pack!

Beatle QuestWe have come to the end of a long journey: the last adventure pack of KiCHY maestro is here, but luckily it still contains some surprises for you! For starters, there's Beatle Quest, in which - surprisingly - the songs of the Beatles play the lead role, but not the way we would first think! The next game is Double Fantasy, which plays in the wild west, here we have to catch a bank robber. Then we have Herakles The Early Trials, in which we can venture into the former Greek Empire, in St. Jives there's a mad scientist who terrorizes the citizens of St. Jives, in The Scoop we can step into the role of a journalist, and finally The Twilight Zone is only recommended for hardcore adventurers with nerves of steel, as it's one of the strangest adventure games we ever met.

Enjoy!

Posted By

zbyti
on 2021-03-19
14:33:07
 Re: The Last KiCHY Pack!

I think it's time for a new edition of Twilight Inventory - A Collection of Forgotten 8-Bit Adventure Games dedicated C+4 wink

Posted By

Ati
on 2021-03-19
22:04:10

Kichy, why the last adventures? There are on c64 The Pawn and Gnome Ranger, two games with high quality graphics...

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-20
02:21:44

Ati I guess the selection of the adventure games greatly converted by KiCHY depends from the porting of the new shared engine's compilators available since the last weeks of 2019, which allow to port some determined adventure game's cores on several other platforms than the primitive ones (DAAD, Ozmoo et similia). Dozens and dozens of games had been previously made on those engines along the years, now available to be "easily" (than before, it's never really easy) converted.
On the other hand, a graphic Magnetic Scrolls game would need a proper conversion of its own...and yes, they're actually so cool, you're right wink

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2021-03-20
15:37:59

I converted the Quill engine A06 version. Then I dug many online databases after c64 text adventures made with Quill. I extracted their data files, recompiled with my converted engine. I also tried to find title pictures from various platforms. Some images were drawn by myself, or others (credited at the entries). The only automated stuff I used was my own application to compile, merge, exomize, etc all the 90+ games. No any online automated stuff were used.
The "last" simply means I'm out of Quill games happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-20
16:43:26

Last for real KiCHY? That's a pity, they're all lovely crafted imho...

Posted By

JimmyCoupe
on 2021-03-21
06:50:17

I would also like to see Gnome Ranger and The Pawn. I would also like to see the Silicon Dreams pack and especially The Worm In Paradise, that was my favourite text adventure of them all.

Posted By

Chronos
on 2021-03-21
09:14:51

I cannot believe it guys, there is 120+ new adventures to play and you cry for 2 more grin lol..

Posted By

JimmyCoupe
on 2021-03-21
10:13:40

"I cannot believe it guys, there is 120+ new adventures to play and you cry for 2 more grin lol.."

Good point, sorry happy.

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-22
03:24:07

Really well said Chronos!

JimmyCoupe oh well, you could always play the sophomore of Gnome Ranger, which is a classic converted game by a real maestro here wink Ingrid's Back!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024