Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-03-12
17:26:11
 Re: Old-school Six-pack

Full disclosure: 3 of these were sent in 8 years ago :-/ I've slowly but diligently been working on processing all the stuff that was sent to us, and I'm back to 2013. There's really no justification here so let's just move past that.

I also want to mention that MCG's stuff has been slowly getting uploaded in a piecemeal fashion. If there are any regular visitors among you, you might have noticed these under the New Stuff section. The thing about those, I simply can't write a news entry for every couple of programs that get added - and I assume this would get very tedious very quickly anyway. It would be nicer perhaps, if all of these huge packs (like 50+ programs) were added all at once. However, it's so time-consuming... Each program has to be looked at; and usually when that happens, I find something else that needs to get taken care of. So really, the only way forward is to just do at least one or two programs per day, until it's all done.

And that's just me. I'd like to also mention that Ulysses777 has been uploading magazine type-ins recently. (BTW, some of you might not know, but if you're logged in it is now possible to add programs to the database, upload the program files and upload the screenshot for them. Previously this had to be done by someone with FTP access.) Additionally, Seff has been sending in new programs as well, see this forum thread. So, to wrap up this train of though: new stuff gets added all the time, if you don't watch the New Stuff section you might miss it. Have ideas? Let me know how to make this better.

Anyway, the point of this post was to take a look at a few of these demos in more detail. Because... demos are special!

We've turned up EMI +4 4 (uh, that naming is going to get messy) and The Best Hellmachine-Logo from TPSH. (BTW, "Hellmachine" is a literal translation of Pokolgép, a Hungarian metal band.)

Nemesis (had to avoid calling it Nemesis Demo since we already have one like that) is from GSL, a rare release IMHO.

Newest Demo - ugh, the naming... This demo is not sure about what to call itself. It's not great TBH, the LSS guys can't seem to figure out how to turn on multicolor. Also, parts of this demo appear in Land Mix. Code reuse FTW!

Nils Holgersson Demo is from two unknown sceners named Sword Soft. A title plus three pictures - hand drawn? If so, they are not bad IMHO. I was surprised to see this, never hard of it. (The title refers to a TV series that played in Hungary.)

Logge's 1st Demo is another oddity for me, never heard of it, don't remember this scener or the demo being mentioned in any mags. Anyway, it's not forever archived :-)

Thank you for reading my ramblings, Csabo out.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024