Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-03-09
13:45:58
 Re: Mad Pascal for C+4 and mini Tron+4 game

@zbyti
Thank you ;-) I also changed my batteries :-)

@seff
Great article. It is really interesting topic how to draw various style lines, not to mention the filled primitives with bitmap pattern. (the interaction was also well described). Nice work!
I was always interested on the gfx (especially ray tracing, yummy), but I was always short on programming skills. (finally I worked on fractals and very first fully mouse driven fractal generator in T.Pascal with a self made GUI).

In fact the slow BASIC routines were always a kind of show-stopper on the Commodores with more advanced basic. Simons Basic from a 16 years old made faster gfx than the official built-in basic (and in fact later officially offered by C= for C64 or cartridge in 1983).
I really liked the C65 BASIC demo too, that speed with filled primitives was pretty nice happy

The holy grail on 264 series is the much faster and bug free bitmap movement with XOR (Canvas?). With that a kind of software sprite could be realized. The current GSHAPE and SSHAPE are little limited. You cannot change the original color scheme it can handle only 4 colors in practice (because then it generates unnecessary attiribute clash, even if you move only a object drawn with Color 3, it also copies the unused pixels attributes), pretty slow drawing, and have certain bugs. You cannot load in predefined string to move (like a mouse cursor, or a sprite in C128).

Is there a way that the original library source code still available? wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024