Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-08
06:18:57
 Tron +4: Old Classic, New Tools

Tron +4This game was around since days, and after a short period of time in which we made a happy acquaintance of its author, new on the Plus/4 scene, here comes the official release!

Tron +4 represents the return of an old classic, in its most basic – and therefore also more usable – form, as a test of a new programming tool – Mad-Pascal compiler, originally dedicated to Atari XE/XL machines, now extended to Plus/4 too. High five with our new friend zbyti, the author of both Tron +4 and its generating tool. The game itself looks apparently simple, but the high responsive commands and the "Vs. three" challenge raises up the overall playablility.

With a brand new programming tool by our side, we expect new releases from zbyti and from whoever will use it, enpowering the Polish scene more and more.

Posted By

zbyti
on 2021-03-08
06:18:57
 Re: Tron +4: Old Classic, New Tools

THX Luca for a short but great entry about Mad Pascal :] I hope more people will be tempted to try their hand wink

Posted By

bocianu
on 2021-03-08
08:41:46

I'm using Mad-Pascal for Atari development for almost 4 years. It's quite good and mature tool. For sure you will need some hardware specific libraries for your platform, but it's great anyway! Happy coding!

Posted By

seff
on 2021-03-08
13:00:55

What libraries are available for C+4?

UNIT
SYSTEM
CRT
GRAPH
SYSUTILS
MATH
DOS
?

Or are they available only for the A8 platform?

Posted By

zbyti
on 2021-03-08
13:42:15

@steff

As far as I'm aware:

SYSTEM and MATH are multi-platform for that moment.

Units it's language structure for libraries with his own namespace.

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-09
07:16:43

zbyti asked for a file change, so download the game again. Eventual further improvements will be added in that page as new versions, when significant steps ahead will be done wink

Posted By

carrion
on 2021-03-23
12:44:22

GREAT Release Zbyti!
Congrats on providing this to the end... and we ask for more! wink

I also have to say that I'm double happy as this was kind of community effort on c64portal.pl and c64scene.pl (forum) and Zybti joined us like... only few months back.
I know that Tebe and Bocianu from Atari scene helped a lot. Thanks guys! That's an example of cross-platform-cooperation I love!
Ofcoz Big shout out to Csabo to! Great sounds!

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-03-23
15:04:07

Plus, an added value: here Csabo commemorates the 28 years long Daft Punk experience which has sadly reached an end the past month!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024