Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

rando-guy
on 2021-02-28
03:40:40
 Way to disable C= + RUNSTOP autoload routine?

Arg. Guys, as I wait for a new power supply to go with my old Plus4 to see if it still works, I've been playing with emulators and trying to type in some print-outs of programs my folks sent me from an old box they found a few weeks ago.

At least THREE times now, I've accidentally triggered the thing where having the Commodore and Runstop keys hit at the same time automatically goes for a DLOAD and RUN. If there's a virtual disk in the emulator drive (which is common) I LOSE all my typing because the damn thing loads something off the disk and wipes out whatever I'm working on.

Its driving me nuts. I was hoping there was a poke or something that would just disable that one routine. Any ideas?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2021-02-28
04:26:04
 Re: Way to disable C= + RUNSTOP autoload routine?

OK. Let's have a small experiment. Go to the top of the page. Click the "Search" link. Type "run stop" into the "Search for:" entry field (of course without the quotation marks). Click the "Search" button. Read the result. What do you see? Would it have been that hard doing it on your own?

Actually, it could be that's not the thing you are looking for. However, it would have shown us that you at least do give a try solving your issues.

Posted By

RoePipi
on 2021-02-28
04:45:49
 Re: Way to disable C= + RUNSTOP autoload routine?

Hi rando-guy, there's no straight way to do this, because this function is burnt into the KERNAL ROM. So I made a hack for you: grab a kernal.bin (the most used I think is kernal.318004-05.bin), and, using a hex editor, change the following 4 bytes at 191F from C9 83 D0 10 to EA 4C 33 D9. Then, in the emulator's Machine setup menu change the KERNAL to your file. If you did it right, pressing C= + RUN/STOP will do exactly nothing. happy

Drop me a mail if you didn't succeed.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024