Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-02-03
13:42:34
 Re: The Commodore Plus/4 Adventure Pack - I have just found a copy, exciting

JimmyCoupe yes, error 21 is the one which is hard to reproduce outside the emulations field. I tried and tried again, and failed, probably due the fact that I've not completely understood what the code actually does, or it is just impossible to fully reproduce under emulation: I read it and it says to me that the MENU checks sectors 2-15 and 1-16, the code should check for an ERROR 21 (the famous "broken" slice you see on the disk, I mean NO SYNC ERROR) and get into the menu after a long timeout for both sectors...

Another difficulty is the selection of the original filenames: I tried to load'em and failed again...and now we know why those adventure were/are so rare! grin

Plus, I don't understand why the original file has been saved with part of the variables ($1001-$A7C6, which means 153 blocks on disk), and not in his natural end of BASIC listing, as Csabo did.

Briefly, after ensuring that in any case the game would have been easily saved, I tried to match exactly the original disk, but I fear it can't simply be ported withous a ZoomFloppy or other specific hardware...

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024