Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-02-05
23:14:41
 Re: 20 hour gaming challenge for British Red Cross

Edit: I just uploaded the full 20 hour marathon to YouTube. The links are on the top of the page. I had to edit the second video as it was blocked by YouTube for music copyright infringement, as was playing music in the background for a while. I sped up those parts (x2) to try bypass the copyright bots, so far so good. I wanted to show the full 20 hours without chopping off an hour. Why would anyone want to personally profit from a small charity fundraising event anyway is beyond me.

In the end we raised £155 for the cause. The total so far is £106,017.83. Thanks to everybody who donated, and supported me during the marathon.
----------
Thank you Doug. I just woke up having slept soundly all day. I was out like a light.

I didn’t play many C= games. Mainly it was classic coin-op arcade on my arcade cabinet, I have some C16 games on that too. After midnight I was on my VR Oculus Quest 2. It helps to keep me awake.

Considerable arcade cabinet C16 time went into:
Timeslip
Kikstart

On my real machine considerable time went into:
Big Mac
Mr. Puniverse
Skramble

In hindsight, I wish I had played a few of your games now Doug. Never thought it at the time as now only just realised it’s you. A missed opportunity of recognising a C16 legend on the stream who helped support this event. Drat. Apologies, I obviously had a lot of things on my mind at once yesterday.

I tried Pet Rescue on my arcade cabinet, but it was tricky with the control stick. I was going to attempt to play it on my C16 afterwards but was growing a little weary by then to reconnect the disk drive. I was in a bit of a tangle.

C64
Sam’s Journey
Galencia
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
Miner 2049er
Chuckie Egg

Arcade Cabinet
Pac Man
Space Invaders (all original versions)
Double Dragon
Rally X
Wonderboy
Space Invaders
Space Invaders Part II
Rastan Saga
Mappy
Gorf
Phoenix
Moon Cresta
Scramble
Hunchback
Mr. Do
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Popeye
Galaxian
Up ‘n Down
Super Sprint
Slap Fight
Pac-Land
R-Type
Neo Pong
Neo Drift Out
Super Mario Bros
There were likely some others but I forget.

Oculus Quest 2
In Death Unchained
Real VR Fishing (it helped me to relax and unwind as was very tired by then)
Mini Motor Racing X
Void Racer: Extreme
Rise of Jumbotron (a laser quest atyle game in Rec Room. I left after one game as silly kids were messing about in there)
Beat Saber

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024