retroscener
on 2021-02-05
23:38:59
 20 hour gaming challenge for British Red Cross

Part 1

Part 2

My Facebook live stream

https://anti-loneliness.redcross.org.uk/

The money raised from live gaming streams will be used to combat loneliness during the lockdown. It can be on any gaming platform.

My Fundraiser

Donate Here

I'm not sure how much C16/Plus4 related stuff I'll be streaming, I have a few systems I can throw in. I might even be able to throw in the odd VR game but will generally be retrogame related. Let me know what games you wish to see in the comments.

Posted By

Doug
on 2021-01-27
07:13:57
 Re: 20 hour gaming challenge for British Red Cross

Baz I think that this is a great idea. I've kicked you off.

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-01-27
08:20:17

Wow thank you so much. I haven’t even begun yet. I will think about what games I will be playing. It will be streaming live to Facebook. I aim to play C16/Plus4, C64 and my bartop arcade cabinet. I will give you all fair warning when and provide a link here soon happy

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-01-27
12:05:35

Nice idea! happy

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-01-30
20:08:00

Another generous donation has been made by Mr or Ms Anonymous. Thank you whoever you are happy

I will be streaming live on Sunday, Jan 31st. The stream begins at 11:30am British Time. And the event begins at 12pm finishing the next morning at 8am.

I hope you can all attend, and give me plenty of game suggestions as I’m streaming happy

Again, all proceeds raised are going to the British Red Cross to help support people who are struggling alone through this Covid lockdown. More details on the page.

My Fundraiser

My Fundraiser Profile

My Facebook Live Event Page (please join)

Donate Here

This will all take place in my own home. I will primarily be focusing on retrogaming. I own a C64, an expanded C16 plus a raspberry Pi arcade cabinet. It’s a pity my Spectrum Next hasn’t arrived yet, oh well.

I also own an xBox One and an Oculus Quest 2 if I feel in the mood. The latter might be a bit tricky to setup for live streaming though, and I’d likely look foolish wearing goggles dad dancing to Beat Saber like a lunatic anyway.

Anyone is welcome to give me game suggestions during the live broadcast, in fact I insist on it :D

More donations are already beginning to trickle in, so for anyone who hasn’t already please give if or what you can. I will update everyone on links when I begin the stream. It will be streamed live on Facebook, not sure about YouTube also yet.

Time to stock up on cola and snacks. I’m probably going to regret this.

Anyway, must stock up on cola and snacks, and choose whatever else games wisely. It’s going to be a long day, I’m probably going to regret this, lol.

P.S. I will be providing Facebook and YouTube links here shortly before I begin. Please let me know what games you would like to see me play in the video comments.

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-02-01
00:51:07
 Re: 20 hour gaming challenge for British Red Cross Live Now

I joined for some quarters of hours.. Very funny games..Nice that you did all this! And many different systems used... Great effort!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-02-01
04:29:07

Thanks. The live stream has ended, and so far have raised £145 with maybe a bit more to come soon, so I'm happy.

Also learned something new. Facebook only streams for 8 hours and then it ends. It didn't recognise this in my streaming app and just carried on so assumed all was well. I should have checked my stream on Facebook too. It ended whilst midway playing Mr. Puniverse.

Also just found out that although the Youtube stream thankfully continued working for the full duration, it doesn't save anything over 12 hours. So video is now unavailable. Drat. Well I have the first 8 hours on Facebook (link above) anyway for 'some' memories. I know for next time now anyway.

Again, thank you Doug for your donation happy

Posted By

Doug
on 2021-02-01
06:48:52

You are very welcome Baz.

I did dip into your stream a few times (I am very jealous of your arcade emulator!)

If you can remember, can you post a list of all the games you played here?

(And get some sleep!)

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-02-05
23:14:41

Edit: I just uploaded the full 20 hour marathon to YouTube. The links are on the top of the page. I had to edit the second video as it was blocked by YouTube for music copyright infringement, as was playing music in the background for a while. I sped up those parts (x2) to try bypass the copyright bots, so far so good. I wanted to show the full 20 hours without chopping off an hour. Why would anyone want to personally profit from a small charity fundraising event anyway is beyond me.

In the end we raised £155 for the cause. The total so far is £106,017.83. Thanks to everybody who donated, and supported me during the marathon.
----------
Thank you Doug. I just woke up having slept soundly all day. I was out like a light.

I didn’t play many C= games. Mainly it was classic coin-op arcade on my arcade cabinet, I have some C16 games on that too. After midnight I was on my VR Oculus Quest 2. It helps to keep me awake.

Considerable arcade cabinet C16 time went into:
Timeslip
Kikstart

On my real machine considerable time went into:
Big Mac
Mr. Puniverse
Skramble

In hindsight, I wish I had played a few of your games now Doug. Never thought it at the time as now only just realised it’s you. A missed opportunity of recognising a C16 legend on the stream who helped support this event. Drat. Apologies, I obviously had a lot of things on my mind at once yesterday.

I tried Pet Rescue on my arcade cabinet, but it was tricky with the control stick. I was going to attempt to play it on my C16 afterwards but was growing a little weary by then to reconnect the disk drive. I was in a bit of a tangle.

C64
Sam’s Journey
Galencia
Bounty Bob Strikes Back
Miner 2049er
Chuckie Egg

Arcade Cabinet
Pac Man
Space Invaders (all original versions)
Double Dragon
Rally X
Wonderboy
Space Invaders
Space Invaders Part II
Rastan Saga
Mappy
Gorf
Phoenix
Moon Cresta
Scramble
Hunchback
Mr. Do
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr
Popeye
Galaxian
Up ‘n Down
Super Sprint
Slap Fight
Pac-Land
R-Type
Neo Pong
Neo Drift Out
Super Mario Bros
There were likely some others but I forget.

Oculus Quest 2
In Death Unchained
Real VR Fishing (it helped me to relax and unwind as was very tired by then)
Mini Motor Racing X
Void Racer: Extreme
Rise of Jumbotron (a laser quest atyle game in Rec Room. I left after one game as silly kids were messing about in there)
Beat Saber

Posted By

Doug
on 2021-02-05
18:02:29

That's an awesome achievement Baz - it must feel great to have been a part of such a great effort, and to have raised a decent amount in the process. I would have been out of it after 2 hours, never mind 20!

Posted By

retroscener
on 2021-02-06
07:03:40

Lots of the achievement goes to those such as you Doug who generously donated, so thanks. We didn’t make a fortune but tbh I’m quite happy with the amount I raised with such short notice and so few pals. It helped to enthuse me forward more. If I ever do this again (hopefully) I will be sure to include all of your games next time, and see how badly I do at them, lol. I slept for a whole 12 hours after that session. Dunno how I did it at my age, I would have struggled enough way back then, lol.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024