Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-05-15
 OK, let's see

Hi guys. Thanks for all the exhaustive bug reports and also the compliments. I'm trying to answer them below.

1. Fatal Mirror I use for testing and I am aware of the bugs in the morph. It's a very trick demo, I'll have to investigate the most inner workings of the TED to fix it (where exactly some registers change state etc.)
2. +4 Mania Forever: I'll have a look
3. CAPS LOCK: Note that I am not detecting the state of the CAPS LOCK but the state change. So if you set the CAPS LOCK outside of Yape then it will be inverted. It's a low priority issue at the moment, but if it really annoys you, I'll see what I can do.
4. Keyboard repeat is occuring when the WM_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYUP Windows messages get mangled or intersected by another Windows message. In that case the plus/4 buffer might be forgotten to be emptied and the intersecting message gets implemented as a keypress in the emulated machine. Since no respective WM_KEYUP message is detected, the key gets interpreted as being pressed continuously.
5. AL+D: I don't understand the problem... I assume you might misinterpret the goal of that option. The Set drive folder is meant to set the folder for the 1551 emulation if you're willing to use a directory as your disk (instead of a D64). Note that this is also the only manner for disk writing operations at the moment.
6. LOAD bug: what do you mean? It's not clear what variables got deleted? Also what LOAD you mean? The BASIC command?
7. Fullscreen vs. GDI: you are right on that, but it has so far been explicitly set to stay in DirectX mode instead of GDI once you've used fullscreen mode. Again, if you think it's annyoying I might reconsider this.
8. Raster glitches: again some of those raster tricks are very timing sensitive. ALthough Yape is rather accurate already, it's still not 100%. Even a few cycles difference can cause some raster effects to flicker. One known bug is that sometimes the raster timings get wrong on bad lines (you can see it as every 8th rasterline effect is "out" of synch), but I still could not find the reason for it...

I am trying to best to sort things out, but there's still a lot to do... For example, I want a proper GUI for the drive settings (I'm now working on true 1551 emulation by the way...), for the joystick settings and so on. I also want to further improve disk emulation, the external monitor and the remaining TED glitches....

Moral of the story: I should update the README.TXT and maybe include a Known Bugs section too. Is there any volunteers for making a nice User Manual for Yape? happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024