Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-01-18
08:32:43
 Hungaroring Music

This may not interest a lot of people (or anyone happy ), but after a very lengthy search I found the name of the François Couperin piece from Hungaroring. We always knew his name - it's included on the title screen of the game. He was a French baroque harpischordist, and he composed a LOT of stuff. I listened through so much of it happy

Anyway, it's the 5th movement of "Les Fastes de la grande et ancienne Mxnxstrxndxsx". Here's a timestamped YouTube link to one rendition.

I'd say this is a fantastic piece for a game, whoever selected it did really well. It's fast-paced, upbeat, and I would say the chord progression is quite modern (but definitely fun).

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-01-18
10:57:57
 Re: Hungaroring Music

Great find, well done! actually, it sounded like a prefuturist anthem to speed, not surprisingly...

This reminds to me the first time I loaded and run Hungaroring, I'd just discovered that there was more than the C16 commercial games out there, and it had been a sort of revelation to me happy

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2021-01-18
11:17:21
 Re: Hungaroring Music

That lots-of-x-word is sometimes written as Ménestrandise. The title reads something like "Memorable feats of the great and ancient Minstrelhood" according to a search result pointing to Google Books.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024