Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-01-09
15:45:59
 Re: sidid for HVTC

Great analysis of of the whole HVTC, Ninja The Dreams, appreciated! We're still in search of a stable and definitive format, to be used with the TedPlay, but we're almost sure it will be a reduced .sid format basically.

About the KnaeckeTraecker's players: Degauss designed the tracker thinking at demo stuff, music in loop or played once, no re-init. At a certain point, it has shown some flaws when you have to reinitialize the player, and that's the reason why the past BKN games were used to reload the music (a waste of just a couple of seconds btw...) before restarting a level. In the recent past, ppl started to try fixing it, and the first to perform that has been Doug, who used the definitive modified player in The Pit. Due of my (very little) cooperation in the Doug's work on the KnaeckeTraecker's player, I had the chance to release stuff with a previous version of it (so, it's probably different a bit) in 2048 Octaluxe (hah, loved that prod, *sigh*). I believe others would also coded their own mods of the player, too.

Yes, Csabo's V2 player has lots of features, and he usually cuts off what the tune isn't going to use, and this becomes a ductile tool you can modify based on your needs per single production, very smart. It's no surprise you find several modifications of it wink

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024