Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-01-05
10:57:23
 The Dreams Come(back) True!

50Hz FTW!New year, good old friends! The Dreams is back on Plus/4!

In the very first days of 2021, a cool mate of the scene makes his comeback from the C64 side of his skilled code. It's Ninja/The Dreams, who has converted his own entry ranked 11th in the ECM Mode Demoeffect Competition.
Big spoiler, as it's called 50Hz FTW!, the demo features a double Chessboard with RGB crossing effect, running over a tic-toc bouncing text displayed in Bump Mapping, with a fantastic 4x tune composed by Degauss/TEK...and (don't read further if you hate spoilers) all this stuff moves within a single PAL frame! Should be added that the whole show runs in ECM graphic mode? ;)

Our hopes fly to more and more Plus/4 releases from The Dreams!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2021-01-05
10:57:23
 Re: The Dreams Come(back) True!

Congrats!!! Great stuff!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2021-01-05
15:26:07

Neat demo! I was curious to see what the text says... but it's very hard - well, IMHO impossible - to read. I checked the C64 version and that one is actually legible! Perhaps different colors would have worked better.

Love the tune from Degauss too, glad to see it was used in an official product happy

Posted By

NinjaDRM
on 2021-01-06
08:42:52

Yes, I definately miss experience with the 264 colors. If you have any suggestions, I am all ears. I want to put out an updated version anyhow, taking care of the PAL/NTSC flag in $ff07. Thanks for pointing out NTSC compatibility on the release page. BTW, NTSC colors are probably different to PAL, or?

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2021-01-06
11:44:42

Luca shared in one of his posts the colour conversion table he uses. See here:forum/40482.

NTSC colours should be the same. Or not, as NTSC stands for Never The Same Colors, as it is widely known. grin

Posted By

Mad
on 2021-01-06
19:59:22

Wow nice! I didn't look into the code, yet.. But nice achivement 50 Hz ftw!!

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-01-10
17:28:29

The demo has been updated, and NinjaDRM asked for a complete substitution of the former version. Now the final one:
- plays the 4x tune in the correct way;
- has a brighter colour for the bump mapping tictoc text;
- works both on PAL and NTSC (note removed);
- has fixed a bug when initializing screen memory.

Download it again to run and see the final version.

Posted By

MMS
on 2021-01-10
18:16:35

What is for "easier reading"? Nothing to read, hahaha grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024