Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

softice
on 2020-12-29
15:08:47
 New version of TED BASIC v4.6

Hi all,

(reposting to link better to my previous posts)

A couple of weeks ago I posted the BASIC extension TED BASIC that I wrote in 1987-1989.

I have now disassembled it and corrected some problems. The source code is attached.

I also added a new command "DISPATCH". It will save your TED BASIC program as a stand-alone PRG, so you can use TED BASIC as a library.

I don't expect to spend much more time on TED BASIC - just wanted to have my teenager project finished one day Please do extend TED BASIC to your own taste.

The code will only work on a Commodore PLUS/4 or C16 with 64k, because the BASIC program has to start at $4000 to prevent problems with the GRAPHIC modes. Issuing a GRAPHIC CLR will unfortunately crash TED BASIC

Enjoy!
Soft-ice

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-12-29
16:38:44
 Re: New version of TED BASIC v4.6

It's up: TED Basic. Previous topic is here. Thanks for the new version!

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-12-31
10:31:15

Thank you for the update! I really like the C128 like direct memory save and load functions.
(this makes the load of started screen, music, or Charset really easy, or just saving a created PETSCII picture memor dump, to able to load it back. Frankly speaking the later funtion is missing from most of the crosstools, they create BASIC code, ASM code or self runnable viewer, but not the exact copy of $0800-0FE8, you could load into your BASIC program)

The DISPATCH function made it COMPLETE.
You know, we had some really useful extensions in the past (S.A.M.+4; Sprite BASIC), even G-PASCAL or FORTH, but most of the cases the written code could not be run alone. (maybe they were some, but I am now aware of any)

This limitation usually ends the life of written programs, as usually even the original extension/language was not attached to the code, and made the use of them a little complicated. A self-runnable single PRG is much more convinient. Thank you for your efforts!

Posted By

softice
on 2024-02-23
16:28:58

Thank you for your kind words happy. Maybe one day I or somebody else will find the time to fix the last bugs. In the mean time, enjoy!

Posted By

softice
on 2024-02-23
16:37:34

P.S. It seems that the updated documentation for the new v4.6 is not online , but I can't remember how to upload it to this site?

Posted By

MMS
on 2024-02-25
07:24:46

You need to share the new documentetion with the admins with funtion Features/Plus4 World Uploader

Currently you can see (so it is stored locally):

PDF for V4.5 is available here.

I suppose an online link could be used too, bur I always fail to do it properly in my forum comments, so probably I am not the most accurate person here to answer it happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2024-02-25
08:07:59

softice: use the Uploader.

EDIT: it.s up.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024