Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-12-27
19:07:23
 Re: Novamaker release and testing

> Yes, I removed the $07FC restoration feature because it hindered the readability of the code and it is impractical (if at all possible) to automatically patch unknown loaders or prg's that way.

Good to know. I wondered about storing the value somewhere when the loader would pointto that address, then restore it the loading has finished just before the final JMP. But I said, mine is simply wandering among thoughts happy

>> You should try my game's crack, but with the file NOVA 03 saved and run to $06AD, cutting off the forced fix I put into it
> I will, you made me curious!

Try it! It will run, but the changed value in $07FC will break the Day 1 depacking, that's what you have to test ;)

> I chose the terms "header" and "loader" for my tool, but you're right, it's the loader split in 2.

Oh, hence: if I don't use -h and -l options, novamaker.exe uses both covering the memory inbetween too; if I wanna add something mine to the code, I can edit both of them, then use the former the latter or both in the new shape I've given to them, adding e.g. new colors, setting a different graphic format and so on. The two files are respectively the samein the /daley_thompson_fire folder, called 00 header.prg and 01 prg.prg. My suggestion is to put them in a folder apart, maybe with their .asm sources too ready to be modified and compiled, in order to clearly offer them to any user for further handling.

The unbootable option should produce pure halfwaved data with no FOUND, initial header and so on, just halfwaved compressed data. You can use it for, e.g., multiload games.

Great stuff indeed, hafta say :)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024