Posted By

Haplo
on 2020-11-30
04:40:49
 New game: Toop

Hi all,

I have ported my C64 game to C16 and Plus/4. You can get it from here:

https://h4plo.itch.io/toop

This was a fun project. The C16/Plus4 architecture was better than C64's in many aspects. It is a shame they never became as popular.

I hope you'll enjoy the game.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-11-30
06:48:06
 Re: New game: Toop

Welcome Haplo! And now, let's test Toop – which seems to run withing the C16's memory limitations – also via javascript emulator, straight from Plus/4 World.

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-11-30
10:18:15

Great one! I was thinking of a Haplo of a demogroup called Pulse.. Maybe that is another guy.. One demo of this guy is the very best demo I know of from the whole demoscene!

Anyways welcome Haplo and Toop, and yeah I think you're right with the architecture. There are some real quirks in the C64 design, perhaps due to release pressure in the eightis or something.. Dunno how people could construct computers that days in such a short timespan, anyways..

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-11-30
12:02:02

It's a cute logical game, thanks for porting it to the C16/Plus4. Slight issue: once you complete the last level, the game returns to the title screen, but the logo is missing.

Posted By

Haplo
on 2020-12-01
17:43:00

Thanks everyone!

As for the bug after finishing the game, yes I can see why it is happening. It is due to a last-minute change before the release. Thanks for reporting it.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024