Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

gerliczer
on 2020-11-12
09:27:38
 Re: Wonderfull OpenC16cart>how to burn eprom?

I cursorily checked the Jack Attack cartridge image for you. That is a single 16 kB raw image without any headers. If you want to use it, it would be most probably best to map it to ROM position C1 Low with those jumpers. Which I don't know how could be done as I'm not familiar with that OpenC16Cart thingie. I will not check the other images but my wild guess is that those will work the same.

I read a bit about OpenC16Cart. For the 16 kB ROMs you have to use only the LO ROM socket. For the 32 kB ROMs you have to use both sockets. The A15 and A14 jumpers will select which 16 kB slice of the 64 kB ROM will be paged into the given ROM page, low or high. If you want the 16 kB programs, take the images, simply concatenate them, burn it to the EPROM and place the chip into the LO ROM socket. The jumpers will select the active quarter of the memory. If you want the 32 kB programs, you have to split them into high and low halves (if it isn't done already), and put the low part into the EPROM going into the LO ROM socket and the high part into the EPROM going into the HI ROM socket. If you put more than one 32 kB programs into the cartridge then use the same concatenation method as in the previous case but care should be taken to populate the LO and HI ROMs with the program slices in the same order so the same jumper configuration could enable both parts for ease of use.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024