Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Retroshire
on 2020-09-27
16:28:52
 Grand Prix Circuit: how to drive?

I tried the ported game Grand Prix Circuit. With the joystick I can steer and pull the gear up and down, but with the fire button the car does not drive. Two blue light left and right are blinking, but no movement. Is there a button you have to push to deblock something?

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-27
17:31:38
 Re: Grand Prix Circuit: how to drive?

Fire+Up/Down change the gears, Up/Down is accelerate/brake, but first you must ignite your car insisting with the I key.

I've quickly added an instructions field in the entry's page Grand Prix Circuit, actually it was missing though useful...

Posted By

Retroshire
on 2020-09-28
03:25:09

Thank you Luca, like David Bowie said in Space Oddity: 'Check Ignition and may Gods love be with you'.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-09-28
18:48:53

Well, actually TCFS just told in his interview, he had no clue how to drive when the wrote this game.

He used up the gfx elements from C64 version, but he wrote the code himself, so the gameplay directly impacted by his zero driving experince.

I wish you good luck! grin

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-29
05:34:37

MMS: true, unfortunately! The weakest point there is to change gears down with Fire+down only, tragically excluding diagonal moves in order to keep steering...

Posted By

Chronos
on 2020-09-29
09:11:57

Unfortunately, this game is fairly unplayable, so better if you don't waste time with it.

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-09-29
10:11:29

Mmmh... Well I confess a fascination due the whole shining package shown by the game overall. Yes it has substancial flawlesses, and yes it's horribly slow, but if you have care in setting no more than 2-3 laps a race, there's a pretty nice challenge in improving your circuit's records happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-09-30
14:43:41

I was really excited when it came out, and initially it gave a very nice C64ish gamer feeling.
Acceleration and the sound was nice, though the road and the strips no as nice as on C64.
The only problem was I could not turn left of right happy

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024