Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-09-07
14:32:35
 Re: For sale DIAG 264 Commodore Diagnostic Cartridge + Harness

Partially OFF

Actually I am that kind of guy collecting a lot of useful stuff, circuit diagrams, concepts, ideas, but I am lacking the skills (and patience) to produce boards and solder such stuff. I also realized my motoric functions degraded over the years, maybe a side effect of my lyme infection few years ago.

So if possible, I also buy them from the authors, or if they do not produce it (probably full of work, other tasks, family, or just find it boring (it is really not a really creative thing to mass produce boards (but eg the developer of Amiga Vampyre board does all himself)), etc ) then I ask some professionals to do it as commission.
It was the case with IEC2IEE adapter, after some mails with the German designer (NLQ) I connected to the famous Codekiller (SwinSID Ultimate) to help me out. It took some months, as he was busy with more important (profitable) projects, but finally I could use my SFD-1001 with my C64 and Plus/4. I am not experienced programming up ATMEGA8 and other microcontrollers, so it saved me hundreds of hours of learning (or more probably trying and giving it up).

ON:
despite DIAG264 is a great tool,I do not really need it. I know what is wrong: my only +4 PSU. I have one Plus/4 with C64 socket, and it works great.
That's why I prefer my 64K C16. Less prone to die than +4 (except the PSU, as the Graetz is really weak VS demand from the computer, my original one died when the datasette started)

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024