Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-08-31
17:09:51
 Rüdiger has just provided the...

Rüdiger has just provided the rare Complete Course in BASIC Programming, the multiplatform collection including the famous An Introduction To Basic Part 2 and Advanced BASIC Commands and Concepts which formally is the third in the series.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-08-31
17:10:45
 Re: Rüdiger has just provided the...

It is a nice big collection. I really like the BASIC3.5 as a tool, although I know the speed will suffer happy

I just checked the D64 "advanced_basic_commands_and_concepts". I loaded several PRGs,listed them and RUN them
To be honest, I am alittle disappointed. Maybe the disc is slightly corrupt, but some of the code is just bad. number without command, certainly results a SYNTAX ERROR.

In 3 of the tested programs (even in the most simpicistic one, the very first 1 block long "colorchange" there is an evident syntax failure, that the COLOR command formed as COLOR5,x. Certainly it results a SYNTAX ERROR, as the highest is 4 (background).

Thinking a little, I suppose these are C128 BASIC 7.0 demos. The COLOR5 has a meaning in BASIC 7.0, and the lines with just numbers may refer to commands just simply does not exist in BASIC 3.5, so only the numbers could be decoded. (Both Plus4emu and YAPE tesetd with the same result)

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-08-31
17:15:10

Err... grin That collection includes examples for BASIC V2.0, and mostly V3.5 and V7.0, the Plus/4 examples are named with the suffix "/4" in the filenames.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-08-31
17:55:23

oooopppss happy sorry

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024