Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MIK
on 2020-08-16
15:56:33
 Re: The Pit!

Nice to see folks enjoying Doug's new masterpiece The Pit!

As you can tell there is more to this game than meets the eye and so people get a better idea.... The Pit is more a Puzzle game that's in the style of Boulder Dash/Icicle Works. Think along the lines of Atari Lynx/C64 Chips Challenge and your be on the right path. While it's easy to dive straight in just as if your playing Rockman in that action arcade 'grab everything and go' style - just remember there is more than way one to skin a chicken and some things are like they are because it goes above and beyond the games from yesteryear. happy
If there is one thing to add that you may of missed, (more so if you have jumped straight in): Press Space Bar to pause the game, move the joystick to free view the level. wink

Well done Doug with all the hard work you've put into this Diamond, it was a 'gem' before it was even finished!! It's hard to put in to words but this is so awesome as it has that magic, quality and professionalism that we grew to love from all the top devs of the 1980's but at the same time it's so modern with all it's features, options, gameplay and music from Luca! Proper mind blowing. Who would of believed one of our coding heroes when we were kids would come back for more when we were scratching 50 years old (next month for me), no way!!! Man it almost brings a tear to the eye, a big lump in the throat any way! happy

Glad I could help in a small way with the title tune. A little something I came up with on a Yamaha PSS780 and it really was done for this game, just it was easier to know what I was going to do before taking on the mighty Knaecketracker which we give BIG thanks too as well.
And yeah the Manic Miner jingle, I presented it to Doug as some sort of Easter Egg, as a little nod to Manic Miner him self with the shared theme of being underground in a mine and all that... Cool that Doug liked it enough to add it to the game! As this jingle was borrowed I made it sound like a clock ticking to make it more unique to TED, glad you liked it MMS! And also hats off to Luca for his awesome tunes!!

Well done again Doug, lot's to see and do and one that will last the next 30+++ years and then some we hope! BTW it would not of mattered if it released in 2021 or even later but hey 2020 looks so cool on the title screen it just had to come out now. Cheers Doug and best wishes!!! happy

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024