Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

retroscener
on 2020-07-26
20:35:14
 Re: YapeSDL with Raspberry Pi / RetroPie

New problem.

There isn't an "es_systems.cfg" file in the configs emulationstation directory nor anywhere else it seems, may be some new retropie update which no longer requires it. I tried adding a new file in the directory with just the plus4 configs but the system crashed on reboot telling me it has not been setup or is invalid, adding that I need to do this by hand (duh), so had to remove the new file.

Now what do I do?

Edit: Located the file. It is now located in a lower directory inaccessible through the PC Windows Explorer link-up method as it doesn't share all directories. Well, I was able to access it through its own linux file manager and edit in the code needed to run the emulator.

Edit: Finally installed the emulator. It works. Kikstart runs extremely smoothly on this unlike with Vice which kept on juddering every half second. I can play the game with the joystick and navigate through the emulator options.

Edit: Well, finally figured it, I think. It all works now including the game joystick controls. The settings menu up/down works via the arcade cabinet buttons yet you cannot select or go back without using the keyboard. Strange. Must be a slight misconfiguration somewhere. Worst of all though there is no exit emulator button in the first main menu to quit the game and return to the retropie menu, which is a bit of a nonsense nuisance for a retropie arcade cabinet. Arrrrgh!

Edit: It also includes an option to switch to Commodore 64 mode. What the heck?, lol.

I've just uploaded a video.

Edit: Turns out it's F12 on the keyboard to exit the emulator, finally found it on my odd little keyboard and managed to exit. Phew! But is it so tricky to include the option in the first menu too? That way, I wouldn't really need the keyboard at all for certain games. Well at least it's better than using Vice. Now I need a rest, lol.

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024