Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-06-23
13:44:03
 Re: Opening the vertical borders with the 24/25 rows trick?

That $ff1e stuff is cool.. Csabo did an awesome job there.. I remember several demos doing that, too, but perhaps later.

Opening the top and lower borders isn't actually too hard with that $ff1d solution. That's the beauty of the TED chip. Someone once said to me, that the TED is the only graphics unit which can even "fuckup" the PAL signal, he doesn't know of any other chip able to do that.. The best point about it is, that you get double performance on the border, bigger border means more performance, as stated in litwr routine.. This may be essential for some games / demos..

Thanks Doug for the explanation of that $ff06 behaviour, I really didn't knew this. The real, professional, assembly coders from the eighties know their stuff!! happy

And thanks Luca for this topic..

OFF: You are even able to add around 100 or so new different colors with the TED, by altering the PAL signal, there are also demos here on Plus4World, showing that, perhaps also done by the usual plus4world residents happy..

Hope I didn't spread confusion.. Luca had an unique question about $ff06, guys knowing the TED internals, like many in this forum, may have had an answer immediately for this.. Luckily there was Doug clearing this topic! :D

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024