Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Emu
on 2020-06-11
10:18:32
 Alien 8 for Plus4

Our 6502 conversion of Alien 8 is now ready for the Plus4.

Hope you like it!

Download link:

https://csdb.dk/release/?id=192175

Posted By

Chronos
on 2020-06-11
10:56:12
 Re: Alien 8 for Plus4

Great news guys!!! Thanks!

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2020-06-11
11:30:19

Ah, a long-awaited wonder! Thank You Rod & Emu for supporting this machine too!

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-06-11
12:54:34

Nice release! BTW I think the second picture of the game does not fit...

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-11
13:43:26

Polished release as usual, congrats!

The game itself is unplayable for me, way too hard. I realized that the game starts from random location somewhere in the ship, but those jumps across disappearing platforms :-/

Otherwise, like I said, I'm happy to see this game released on Plus/4!

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-06-11
14:54:10

Emu congrats for the 4th Plus/4 release from you all, guys, even more cool!

Clearly, the FLi version of that pic would have simply been a curiosity, being cut on both sides, but gives the idea of how the original C64 would look like; the conversion of the regular pic has been a bit hard, full of things to sacrify in the name of a different video IC like TED, but I'm very happy with the Ultimate logo, and anywhere the compromises are quite acceptable, all in all wink

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-06-11
15:59:42

Awesome engine! happy Great port! Lovely to see these games pop up here from time to time! Thanks!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-11
20:06:15

PSA: the game comes with built-in cheats happy I was dumb, I didn't see that before. Even with invulnerability, it's still a challenge though.

Posted By

orion70
on 2020-06-12
10:25:48

Excellent happy happy happy. I have always loved isometric games, and this is no exception. Also, the graphics are stunning (and fluid), and monochromatic rooms add to the crispy look of the rooms. Title screen is the icing on the cake, just perfect. Thanks soooo much Csabo for this conversion.

If I may add a shy request, is it too much to foresee a future conversion of two games which made history, each in its particular niche? (IIRC, both of Spanish production)

1) The incredible Space:1999 isometric game for the Oric-1 (Oric Atmos) computer. Converting this game for the most popular 8-bit would mean an instant hit! Just look at the provided link, or google YT videos. Amazing!
http://space1999.defence-force.org
https://www.oric.org/software/space_1999-2210.html

2) The incredibly complex La Abadìa del Crimen, a game already present for several 8-bit platforms, but incredibly missing both for the beloved Plus/4, and for the Commodore 64. This also would be a great achievement, as the "name of the Rose" setting is always loved worldwide. Also, it has an interesting plot, and it represents somehow a symbol of an era in Spain, where also a dedicated sheet of stamps was issued in 2017. BTW, I couldn't resist and bought one in Ebay happy. Look for the game in YT, there are plenty of examples for several micros.

Just my two cents, or better, my two DREAMS. If you will ever fulfill them, you will be my hero!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-06-14
08:38:25

Small correction - I had nothing to do with this release happy

Posted By

Emu
on 2020-06-14
12:51:46

Thanks for all your comments, glad you like the conversion. I have no idea why but Alien 8 was a much bigger pain to convert than Knight Lore. Lots of small little problems that took time to fix.

I added the FLI pic as Luca had spent the time on doing it. Luca's conversion of the Pic I used in the main game was great as well and I was very happy with it.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-06-15
16:56:58

I really enjoyed this game, as it is a nice full package.
Fantastic starter screen (we usually did not have it in the past, like the C64 or Speccy owners), nice music, and that crisp hires gfx with a legendary engine.
Thanks for this great release.

But those slimy blocks are really annoying! :-D

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024