Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-04-02
06:22:17
 Szellemváros Anyone? Ah, "Ghost Town Plus"!

Ghost Town PlusIf it's a cult classic, it will come back again and again! And the classic of the C16 classics Ghost Town is now on charge for a new comeback, in a new shape, with brand new features!

After few brief but sweet appearances in the Plus/4 scene, it's time for awsm to boldly pass the gate of a full release. We all just know him for the fantastic Ghost Town JS, the version of the Udo Gertz's classic you can freely play online, and from a homepage with the sweetest URL ever, Kingsoft.de! :D Today, awsm doesn't miss the opportunity to return on his beloved C16 adventure, to finally reveal the one and only Commodore 64 conversion of Ghost Town! Hence, do you see any better chance to improve the original game and add some juicy features into it?
Well, he said yes, and Ghost Town Plus popped out from his assemblers! Ghost Town Plus runs on any 264 machine with 32K as minimum, and finally it features Hungarian text, as sign of respect for the Magyar tradition about the Plus/4 scene! There's a solid retouch of the ingame graphics, some serious bugfixes, an evocative PETSCII intro with language selection menu, and a wonderful intro picture!

In sad times with real ghost towns all over the world, it's really time to replay the one and only as Ghost Town Plus, to stay at home while walking in a Ghost Town!

Posted By

awsm
on 2020-04-02
06:22:17
 Re: Szellemváros Anyone? Ah, "Ghost Town Plus"!

Such a lovely post about the game, warms my heart. Thank you Luca. Oh and hello everybody! <3

Posted By

Chronos
on 2020-04-02
06:26:44

great release guys! this game well deserved it! thanks!

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-04-02
06:32:06

Yeees, we're a very little scene, but we're the best in writing down some moving news grin Hello again awsm, you were here since the very first PETSCII pic wink Oh and that picture! That intropic is awesome!

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-04-02
09:10:48

Very nice release; this time everything was done right wink The cover art looks awesome as a multicolor pic.

Posted By

awsm
on 2020-04-02
09:24:02

Thank you! I think this was my first 264 mc picture. I was surprised about the restrictions and it took me a while to adapt. But I think it turned out pretty okay, slightly better than the C64 version.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2020-04-02
11:18:02

Hello awsm, this game is very cool: graphics are fantastic, music is melodious, Hungarian language is perfect and the idea is just like the real life: you need to make mistakes to be wiser... ...so I can't bear to abandon it... happy

Posted By

Retro Recollections
on 2020-04-02
13:22:33

Looks great i will have to review this!

Posted By

awsm
on 2020-04-02
13:56:54

A small scene, but truly a very warm and welcoming one! Thank you all for your kind words <3

Posted By

Lavina
on 2020-04-05
15:10:02

I was always amazed by this game, kind of non-text adventure. happy Finally there is a reason to relive it. Thanks so much!

Posted By

Retro Recollections
on 2020-04-07
13:50:29

I played through the whole game and did a review / playthrough. Only watch if you want to be spoiled happy

A great game that now looks and plays even better.
Congratulations awsm !

Posted By

awsm
on 2020-05-02
11:19:56

That is indeed a great video, thank you very much!
In case anybody is interested in reading more about the whole conversion process: I've written an article about it, you'll find it here: http://hinterding.com/ghost-town-64/

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024