Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-03-10
01:59:19
 A Mermaid Among PETSCII Waves

Fairlight PETSCII IntroOccasionally, old friends come back to visit us to surprise us with completely unexpected delicious gems. Mermaid is one of those friends, and her art always leaves us speechless.

This time's present is a super cute celebration of a classic C64 crack intro, revisited to work in pure PETSCII, playing a SID tune or, if no SIDcard is detected, playing a dedicated TED tune. All this fancy mechanism stays under the 4K category, and comes under the noble signature of Genesis Project. It has been released in the same D64 images, together with its C64 counterpart.

Joyful surprise, Mermaid, hope to see more and more releases from you around here.

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-03-12
01:59:19
 Re: A Mermaid Among PETSCII Waves

PETSCII was always close to my heart, despite I am far from mastering it.
Especially when nice effects made with just pure charset, those special chars designed by noone else, than Jack Tramiel's own son.

In this case I just want to highlight, next to the nice logo, that the TED version of the (legendary) music is pretty cute, and the main tune better recognisable than in the C64 "too silent" version, and have nice vibrato on it.

I really like this release!

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-03-12
15:23:06

Awesome release! Nice to see some Mermaid stuff once again! And kudos for doing a complete C16 port of it (featuring a nice additional and native TED track)! Btw.. That Fairlight logo rocks! grin

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-03-13
09:05:27

That logo is fantastic, the large font is nice as well. Cool stuff!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024