Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-02-01
02:44:16
 "The Curse of Rabenstein" pre-order

poly.play's firstie both for Puddle Software and Plus/4: preorder now your shiny Collector's Edition of Stefan Vogt's "The Curse of Rabenstein" C64/Plus4 version...here!

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-02-01
08:38:05
 Re: "The Curse of Rabenstein" pre-order

Wow, this game has a fantastic look !

Posted By

Verona
on 2020-02-01
09:20:25

Is there any videos from the gameplay?

Posted By

siz
on 2020-02-01
15:40:51

It's a text adventure - as usual from Stefan Vogt. What video would you like? (Although this one contains in-game graphics too)

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-02-01
19:07:39

Looks awesome! Especially the colors. Seems to be some real masters work..

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-02-09
03:03:26

The dithering is very nicely made.

Cheking out the magnified screen, I wonder if it is FLI or normal MC. (the pixels are double wide)
Eg. if you check the dithering of the cross in the guy's neck you will know what I mean.

Maybe it could be the very first FLI adventure made for Commodore 8 bits?
(BTW FLI technique does not grant nice pictures, just gives a little more freedom to the artist. But these pictures are really well made)

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-03-15
12:15:51

Stefan Vogt has just finished the Plus/4 version, if you're interested preorder it here.

OT: the image uploader doesn't work anymore, even the Hall Of Fame one...

ETGRXT8-Wo-AAnh1-C

ETGRYKi-Xs-AEZb-TR

ETGRZBu-X0-AI9-EOD

ETGMf-Sm-Ws-AERPt9

Posted By

Csabo
on 2020-03-15
15:26:30

It works, it's just "flaky" unfortunately. I tried it twice, failed once, worked once. If it fails, just wait a bit and try again... Sorry guys.

Posted By

Mad
on 2020-03-15
20:50:03

Great to see these awesome screens!! Seems to be a very nice game! happy

Posted By

GeTE
on 2020-03-16
11:50:45

Well, playing a text adventure on a plus/4 today often means using a clear TFT-Monitor. Therefore it would be great if these kind of games would have a Soft-80-like option implemented.

Soft 80

Even if text adventures are not typically my kind of game, I pre-ordered one. Nice, limited boxes for this old machine are always great to put on the shelf ... and what kind of game would better fit to the upcoming lazy time at home during the corona shutdowns?

Posted By

Luca
on 2020-03-16
13:46:57

GeTE you're totally right on that. And I seize the opportunity to remind other two forthcoming adventures being sold on luxury boxes in these times: Unhallowed, being spreaded right these days, and the forthcoming fantastic box art of The Queen's Footsteps, ready to be out in the middle of April.

Posted By

8bit_era
on 2020-03-18
14:39:31

MMS 8-bit versions are "normal" Multicolour images based on the target machine's capabilities. On CPC for example it makes use of the extended palette of 16 colours which you select per image out of 27. The Plus/4 version (which is my personal favourite) is a regular Botticelli HiRes with making use of the whole palette. I first made the 8-bit versions of the graphics (CPC was done by our graphics artist Dylan, I did all the other platforms), then I created the Amiga artworks as base for the 16-bit systems. For Plus/4, I ported back the Amiga graphics to HiRes and adapted so that there are no clashes with preserving as much of the original image as possible. happy

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-03-18
14:56:08

Thank you for the explanaition. I just bough the game.
When the game loaded the screens, I saw finally the mode it uses happy

Nice use of attributes, congrats!
I really like the atmosphere of the game, and the fine graphics greatly contributes to that.
( The Amiga version really similar to this, except the red mouse cursor happy )

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024