Login
Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-04-05
18:24:46
 Re: Best efforts to make +4 picture conversion

Yes, if you have a 42K picture in memory not too much place left for the story, the parser and the rest. (animation, sounds, music, etc)
I have a long time plan to create a graphical adventure (like hobbit) but with HFLI pictures and some icon control, like Tass Times...
(mouse control + software sprite cursor idea I dropped, as it was beyond my capabilities to make a working the RS232 mouse driver)

Well, actually there should besome use of the recently available 256K RAM, heheh happy

Actually, most of these screenshots taken from HD YT walkthroughs, so certainly I need to artifically remove the guy first for a proper scene. (I did not make in case of the VGA, I was curious about the color collision level between a potential sprite vs background in HFLI mode).
Last year there was an old tech demo of a single color sprite (guy) walking around a tree, before and behind a bush. With a second priority map this seems to be possible on plus/4 too. There is a certain color limitation, but I think you know it better happy

This is the full map.
The funny thing is, that just by taking this map, any of the small picture's resolution is good enough to create a MC picture on plus/4 :-)
https://htipe.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/fullmap.png

Just to finish this day with something nice, I made some conversions on dwarfs.
Somehow dwarves look much better on Plus/4, than the elves with their babyface :-)
This is with CRT Emu, YAPE, pure IstvanV conversion, no editors used, no pets harmed during the process :-)

Enjoy!

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024