Back to forumSee the full topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MMS
on 2020-01-04
05:48:17
 Re: Best efforts to make +4 picture conversion

Hi Kichy,

Thank you for this new update!

Just downloaded it, and started to play with your great tool. Still a lot of new things to learn, but as an initial feedback, it is a great option to set in advance the default color for background and Color 3 (if you play to make a slideshow or want to use for ingame gfx, it is a great help). Also noticed, that I should pump in 320x200 pictures.
Some of the settings at still new for me, but will keep trying to reach nice results with this tool too.

UPDATE
Who told, that we could convert only PC graphics and photos to our machines?

Nice C64 graphics are converted since the very beginning.
But Plus/4 multicolor mode has a weakness compared to C64 multicolor, amd that is the fixed Color3 (or 2nd background color). Caused some weirdo conversions in the past.
But the limitation is almost zero in FLI! You can even have more colors, to improve the original picture.

To have a better view, how it may look a little better, I usually check Amiga, CPC and Atari ST versions too, as these machines have no attribute limitation.

So I just started to convert and recolor some classic C64 starter screens, and I can tell you, it is big fun doing that :-)
(trying to be as faithful to the original as possible, but may plan to do minor changes to extend the story or impression)

Not only the colors finetuned, but corrected some bad pixels, improved some details and modified some coloring seems not properly set.
Certainly no dithering...

Pictures are edited in FLI modes by Abcug's fantastic tool "Pixelshop". After you learned it, it is very fast and convenient tool.

My first try (I almost finished (but still found some areas for improvement)) is Druid. You can see the C64 and Plus/4 version next to each other.
Enjoy! (hopefully the picture is not too big for other monitors, if yes, I can modify the size)

(because my daughter did not find the changes :-) the list: real wizard face, skeleton eyes, trees, wizard hand, hood

Back to top

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024