Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-04-09
 Anco & Anirog Games

It seems that the good folks from Anco don't mind if we distribute the Anco and Anirog titles! I finally received a reply from them. happy View it on the permissions page. It only took 4 tries...

About 1942: With Elite Systems, I lost count on how many emails I sent to them after 7 or 8. I've been pleading with the just to tell me if it exists, and offered money too... Nothing yet.

Novotrade/Appaloosa: After only three emails I got a reply, but they asked me to call them on the phone. Been trying since yesterday, but they are not there. We'll see though happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2003-04-09
 And CRL?

Can we contact somebody of CRL PLC?

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-04-09
 Re: CRL

CRL, like the majority of software houses involved with the C16/Plus4 has simply disappeared from the face of the earth. The status/current copyright ownership is unknown, and there is no way to contact them. Because of that, it's not a problem to have their games, since no-one can claim the copyright.

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-04-09

Csabo: Great work there buddy. That was a typical responce from BT believe it or not. Does'nt surprise me at all what they said. They are the largest phone company in the UK if you did'nt know and it's amazing you got a reply. Honestly I can't believe it! happy They will say anything to cover their own backs as you would expect and they even went to the trubble to give you the full low down just incase!

As for Anco, god bless them. Sounds like the person your were talking to did'nt know what a C16/Plus4 was wink Again I'm suprised they stated Amiga and ST because we are starting to see Game Boy Advance games from these 16bit platforms already wink

It might be a good idea if you swap notes with Kim Lemon www.lemon64.com as I'm sure he has a host of permissions which may save the pain and suffereing of having to get in contact with people who may of been asked already?

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-04-10

Lemon64 has permissions from Llamasoft and Magnetic Fields (Mr.Chip Software), among others.

The full list is here. happy

Posted By

MIK
on 2003-04-10

After copying a couple of Jeff's games so he could have them for his homepage I asked him the question in person and he said yes.

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-04-10
 Re: Rights

Bad news.

I got a call back from Novotrade/Appaloosa's president, Stephen Friedman. He said that he's been with Novotrade/Appaloosa since 1982, and it's the same company, they just changed their name. They also own all the Hungarian property.

He asked me if money is involved, of course I had to tell him no. Then he said that if they are not making money from it, then he has to say no. I asked about screenshots and cover scans, he said those are okay, but not the games. I asked him if they still distribute the games, but he said no, those are past markets.

That just broke my heart. Novotrade was the only real Hungarian software company, something for me to be proud of. It looks like we can't share this with the rest of the world.

He did say if he changes his mind, he would give me a call.

Posted By

Ulysses777
on 2003-04-11
 CRL

Here's a (very small) bit of information about CRL...

http://ws2info.companieshouse.gov.uk/info/info.cgi?cname=CRL%20GROUP%20PLC&cnumb=01632318&status=D&id=ad1f78117c859dfb96686459a9188e2d

Note: the above link may only work from Mon-Sat 7am-Midnight (UK time)

Posted By

Csabo
on 2003-04-16
 Another One!

We won another one today: Artworx has granted us the right to publish their games here happy View permission. Woo-hoo!

It's sooo nice to see that some people and companies had the right attitude about all this.

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024