Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

kikems
on 2019-10-25
10:55:40
 SD2IEC SJLoader patched for works with FB filebrowser.

Hi TED friends, I'm kikems from AmigaWave and RetroWiki forum. With help of my friend Blackhole now we have ready a patched version of SJLoader that autorun and autolaunch FB16 for SD2IEC with SJL turbo enabled. The result is a FileBrowser with fastloader activated and compatible with SD2IEC units, without jiffyDos roms.

1- download SJL turbo loader patched by BlackHole. http://www.retrowiki.es/download/file.php?id=200018085 and copy as first file in root of your SD2IEC SD card.
2- Download oficial FB distribution for SD2IEC units. Only copy file "FB16" to root of SD2IEC as "FB".
3- Start your Commodore TED and press CBM+Run/Stop keys, now you have a SD2IEC FileBrowser turbo enabled without JiffyDos or any additional costs.

Enjoy.

Posted By

kikems
on 2019-10-25
10:58:14
 Re: SD2IEC SJLoader patched for works with FB filebrowser.

Here the original threat form RetroWiki spanish forum, with more info and code of patch.

http://www.retrowiki.es/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=200035164

Posted By

Verona
on 2019-10-25
13:48:28

Great, I will try that later!

Posted By

Chronos
on 2019-10-26
18:30:47

/..or use my patched version of fb (forgot to release yet grin ) it merges sjload with fb in one file, and can detect the presence of the jiffy rom and in this case disables sjload./

Posted By

Hypex
on 2019-10-29
10:09:57

This is good news. I was thinking about doing a turbo loader for FB myself that loaded SJL first. The other file browser, which I forget the name of, also supports Jiffy as well.

Posted By

carrion
on 2019-10-30
06:12:18

Let me say - A Big Thank You guys for doing this!
This is exactly what I needed for my C+4 setup with SD2IEC.
Works great.

btw: Looks like there's a lot of thinks I still don't know about Commodore computers. I didn't know the RunStop + C= combination till now... :/
Well you learn every day. ;)

Thanks Again!

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-10-30
19:21:39

@carrion
once you may try out microIEC (could be integrated into the floppy drive or the C=housing) with Jiffy.
According to my experience (few tests) it is even 2x faster than the SD2IEC.
Once I should do a proper benchmark happy

Posted By

Chronos
on 2019-10-31
10:05:50

check this out! - Luca has removed my instructions file but the point is, please rename it to fbj (without .prg) and copy into the root of the sd card and then just press F2, type fbj, return and run. the only diffence is there is a routine just detects the presence of the jiffy kernal rom (and disables sjlight) or enables sjlight and starts filebrowser. So much more convenient :) .. aand MMS, i've changed the colors also..

>>>CBM FileBrowser 16<<<

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-10-31
10:06:19

Hey, I didn't find any instructions file in that zip :o Btw it shouldn't need any instructions file :D

Posted By

kikems
on 2019-11-10
03:26:15

We modulate our solution in two apps because it have faster load times.
First we load SJL loader patched ( around 1 Kb ), auto run (now turbo load is activated ) and autoload FB ( around 3 kb). With this formula we load only 1 Kb without turbo.
Our first version was an SJL and FB in one exe, but load 3 or 4 kb without turbo need 8-10 second, now our v2 load and execute SJL ( at this point turbo is enabled) and autoload FB with all in only 2-3 seconds.

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-11-10
14:05:50

Thank you guys for your hard work! The future is here grin

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024