Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2003-04-06
 Plus/4 shopping in Budapest?

My girlfriend is going to Budapest next week to attend a conference. Is Plus/4 hardware reasonably easy to find in those parts? It would be cool if she could pick up some extra hardware for me... happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-04-06
 Shopping

Well, it's not THAT easy that you just go to a certain shop or so

There used to be a small outlet somewhere at the beginning of Fillér utca (13th district) where you could buy old Commodore's or even have yours repaired. Although the owner urged that they would stop with that activity and go on solely with PC. And that was yet in early 2001!

Another place to try could be the flea market at Petöfi Csarnok, every early Saturday morning. At least there used to be many Commodore plus/4-s for a very low price of 10-15 euro's.

I remember having an URL or something of a shop that was selling parts (!) of plus/4 hardware (TED, CPU) separately. I'll make a search and let ya know.

BTW [offtopic]: I just got hold of a C116 but it seems defected. I disassembled it but I could get out the TED chip to replace it with another. Are they soldered somehow? I did not try too hard though...

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-04-06
 Shop

Well, I've found the shop I was talking about in my previous post (the one that was selling individual parts). For now I saw only power supplies, but you may give it a go anyway, here's a link where the address is to be found (with a map):

http://www.atom.hu/Atomkft/cimunk.php

Posted By

bubis
on 2003-04-07
 re: Atom kft.

It is in the 8th district! Be careful! The worst part of Budapest!

bubis

Posted By

MagerValp
on 2003-04-07
 thanks

Thanks for the tips. I don't think I'll send her off into the bad parts of the city all by herself happy Too bad the nice shop closed. And she won't be there on a Sunday, so she can't check the market either.

Oh well happy

Posted By

Gaia
on 2003-04-07
 Worst part

Well, that specific area is not that bad as one would imagine... There are certain parts in the 8th district that are rather slump but don't expect something like Chicago. I think that very area is just perfecty safe, especially during daytime.

Note that the flea market is on Saturday not Sunday!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024