Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-10-01
17:00:35
 A piece of cake from SVS - LUMYDCTT ate it! :-)

Hi All Plus/4 Fieds,

SVS sent me a pair of letters about how he tries to run LUMYDCTT on an extended desktop with two monitors. I hope he won't give it up and he is going to get his luck.

On the other hand SVS wants to convert tokens found in CBM prg Studio BASIC files, such as {clear} or {up*4} and so go on... to LUMYDCTT as an appropriate character. He thinks it's a piece of cake for me.

LUMYDCTT v4.9.8:
+ improving assembly variables: char='A' or char=>$41ff or char=$41 or char=%1000001 or char=65
+ improving character codec in BASIC: print"Hello World!";chr$(14)
+ RMB on Save (floppy) icon: Save as...
+ RMB on Editor: "Convert from -> CBM prg Studio BAS"
+ compiler doesn't bother with instructions after REM (eg. making uppercase)
+ you can write "?" instead of PRINT in your source!
+ fixing a RENUMBER-bug!
+ more info in "whatsnew.txt"...

Lumydctt - CBM prg Studio BASIC tokens

This cake was very delicious. You are a good chef, SVS... happy

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2019-10-02
01:35:07
 Re: A piece of cake from SVS - LUMYDCTT ate it! :-)

just a minor thought about assembly variable improvement... You could, even more, improve if that word->byte case should work as in every other compiler. I mean this:
char=>$41ff. this should result $ff, and char=>$ff41 should result $41.

About CBM Prg Studio conversion. This could happen automatically on loading. If you detect "{" and "}" in the loaded file (regular basic file doesn't contain it) you can convert all known patterns (like "{clear}") to its commodore equivalent.

Posted By

Charlemagne
on 2019-10-03
07:38:09

KiCHY

First of all, many thanks for your useful comment, but...

...the answer for the first one of your reflections is:

Lumydctt - JCL Assembler

As you can see the low-byte of interrupt-address is going to $0314 and the high one to $0315.

megsz=$101A
#< megsz = $1A
#> megsz = $10

I wrote the above sample about two years ago from a book and the author wrote the following remark in the preface: "A programok írásához, fordításához az elterjedt JCL assembler programot használtuk;" (We wrote and compiled the programs in the widely used JCL assembler; )

When I started to develope LUMYDCTT, I tried to follow this syntax. Well, I managed to choose the only one compiler that is different from any other compiler... happy

The another answer for your another reflection about patterns is... ...LUMYDCTT loads .LUMY or .PRG files basically, but you can load any other file (*.*), too, in turn it doesn't check the file type, so you can load a CBM prg Studio .BAS file and you can change the tokens (or patterns) to the character in the editor. But after reading your comment, the new LUMYDCTT v4.9.9. enables you to decide what you want to do with your source:

1.: you can change patterns to characters (RMB: Convert from -> CBM prg Studio BAS) or

2.: you can leave your code untouched, only running and the compiler exchanges tokens for the appropriate codes as every other compiler you mentioned... happy

Posted By

KiCHY
on 2019-10-03
01:15:06

Fine, do with < and > operators what you want, I somehow believed that the "=>" part of "char=>$41ff" is just an ASCII arrow grin Oh well, perhaps there was too much c# lambda expression in my work code?...

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024