Login
Back to forumReply to this topicGo to last reply

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-09-21
13:14:59
 BBS Max Plus/4 premiere in Vicopisano, Pisa

From the heart of Tuscany, it's time to go BBS for real, thanks to Dreamtronic and Daniele Minneci!

Posted By

MMS
on 2019-09-21
14:08:07
 Re: BBS Max Plus/4 premiere in Vicopisano, Pisa

Well, this is really SOMETHING!

We knew from our US friends, that the C64 modems work with Plus/4 (maybe one of the pins need to be covered with a tape), on the other hand the BBS programs in the past were a little questionnable quality.
Also I planned to order an old modem, but it would not work for me: I have no analog telephone line in the house since a decade.

Now it is proven that the Wifi modem works, and now also have a potent BBS! Fantastic news! happy

Posted By

Luca
on 2019-09-21
14:36:03

MMS some months ago, I won a lucky auction on eBay, full of weird German hardware too, including this strange duo: a GUSS board which probably goes with a generic C64 modem (included too, so I argued that). After some researches, I've found in 64er Magazine issue July 1987 the advert you can read in the same page, where it looks like both modem and GUSS board were sold in bundle at the time.
Could be this, the actual solution to connect a Plus/4 in the golden era?

Posted By

emulaThor
on 2021-04-07
05:11:29

Hello @Luca and @Dreamtronic,

Have you already released the BBS Max Plus/4 terminal software shown here in this thread to the public? I'm trying to find it but wasn't successful so far. I would be interested to test it!

Thank you!

Posted By

Luca
on 2021-04-07
08:08:04

emulaThor: for what I know and concern, they're in the test phase yet.

EDIT: btw your video is quite interesting too!

Back to topReply to this topic

Copyright © Plus/4 World Team, 2001-2024